Lucky Charms Rainbow

Pages

Blogger Widgets

Friday 13 November 2015

When Indonesian Doesn't Appreciate Indonesian Culture

 















I saw this post on facebook yesterday. He said the truth. Though I also am one of the "stupid Indonesian people" who loves Japanese culture. But please let me show my defense on it, only for myself, personally.

Indonesia is a rich country. In every way. Everybody knows that. It’s a paradise on earth. Lands, ocean, and culture. Indonesians are really proud of it. Only proud of it. Not even slightly conserve these beautiful diverse cultures they have. pfft, you can really count how many of Indonesian who actually appreciate and conserving their culture. Until other country "stole" it from them, they got mad.

Japan itself also has beautiful diverse culture. They create things out of nothing. They’re geniuses. They got their traditional and pop culture, even mixed them together. Have you heard about Wagakki band? They’re pure awesome. Japan advertises their culture to attract foreigner, to make us love them, to makes us visit their country because we want to see their culture and give them our money.

Well, let’s not talk about Japan now. They’re awesome by themselves. We all know that. They built it by themselves. Let’s talk about Malaysia. This land is full of heritage sites and they take the advantage of having what Portuguese and England left for them and make money from it. I remember when I was a little girl there are a lot of Dutch buildings in my hometown. But as time goes, government choose to tear them down. Why would they tear down these historically beautiful buildings? It hurts me a lot because one of the buildings was my English tuition place. That place is where I grew up and learn how to speak English. That’s just only a little piece of it. Aside from what Dutch and Japan left to us, let’s remember the reason why they came here to Indonesia. Our land. We have plenty of sites that are potentially become a tourism attraction. But people refuse to take care of it because “No Fund” and leave it abandoned. Indonesian destroys what they have. Malaysia has 3 races and shows the world the best of them. With hundred races we have in Indonesia, they only show what they have in Bali.

Now I want to defense myself here and also my brother because we both love Japan.

Art is my favorite subject in school. Our Art teachers are awesome. They did their job great. I learned all our culture and never once forget. Aside from what I got in school, I always want to join Sanggar. But let me tell you, my confidence is like shit. I was this insecure girl. I love the feeling being on stage, but I don’t want people to look at me. But as soon as I get into college, I decided to be a whole new person. I sign up for dance co-curriculum, participating in Indonesian traditional dance crew. Being on stage is like being high. You can feel that tingling feeling on your chest. Since I was in Malaysia, I got more opportunities then I had in Indonesia. I’ve become, Zapin dancer, Si Pitung, Kecak dancer, even princess of Kelantan. Nobody would expect that coming from me. It felt so great when I have this opportunity as a representative and face of Indonesia. It felt so great when I heard “That performance from Indonesia was awesome”.
 
Me and my brother love Manga and Anime. I learned to draw from manga and I teached my brother how to draw. His drawing is better than mine now. He got the opportunity to draw mural In Pekanbaru and the piece is still there in the middle of the city. He loves action stuff because of anime, manga and game. We played Tekken all the time. When he decided to learn martial art, he could choose karate, but he chooses Silat. He said it’s original. Because of it he has been performing in a lot of event. He also joins Kompang and competes in several competitions. I learned how to play guitar because of one of my favourite anime, K-On. I gained skill because of Japan. They encourage me to play music. Why can’t Indonesia have this kind of show in TV?

Indonesia has so much weebs. They’re not blinded by Japanese culture. It’s because they rarely see their own culture on national TV. Why do we have JKT48? I feel bad for those girls. Their fans are creeps. Why do we have bad CGI Manusia Serigala on TV? Indonesian CGI is piece of crap The last time I watch Kamen Rider was before I go to college and the CGI was dope, They henshin with flashdrive. By the way, do we still have Bima? That Indonesian Kamen Rider?

Indonesia makes mistake. Both government and people. If our government put aside that corrupted mind and focus on building our country, it is for sure that Indonesia is going to develop very fast. Tourism is a big source of income. We already have it, we should work for it. And if our people would actually work and stop blaming on government for not doing their job, we could actually live for ourselves without begging for government’s help. It is been told and retold for a lot of time, Government and Citizen should work together.

Me and my brother are just two young Indonesians who admire Japanese culture. But we also are two young Indonesians who appreciate what our motherland gives. You can choose to love whatever you want, but never forget where you belong. Me and my brother choose to love Japan, but learn from it to make what we already have better.

Sayonara, panas..

No comments:

Post a Comment